Reshore? Nearshore? In-House? Rebuilding Your Supply Chain for the Future
FREE, 1-HOUR WEBINAR | ORIGINALLY AIRED: THU, MAY 7, 2020
Decades of outsourcing activity to low-cost countries without long-term, total-cost thinking has left us with risky, complex supply chains. As these decisions are exposed through the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses are comparing the cost and risk vs. price savings of long vs. short supply chains. The reassessment is starting with medical products and extending to other important product sectors.
Sentiment to the global supply chain has been upended, and consumers who’ve been trained to want product immediately after clicking a button are being educated by mass media on supply chain inadequacies.Read the New White Paper - The Next Decade in Sourcing: A Methodology Using Lean Thinking to Aid in Reshoring Analysis
In this important and timely webinar, join supply chain thought leaders Tom Foco, Harry Moser, and Robert Martichenko as they reflect on our nation’s collective violations of lean thinking’s basic principles and their application to supply chain. They’ll examine key reasons why this happened, how the consequences have brought us to a critical decision point, and what organizations must do to course-correct for the future.
• Why American businesses have gotten away from lean thinking with myopic decisions around cost, technology, labor, regulations, and more
• What COVID-19 exposed in global supply chains
• Other factors driving reshoring: rising Chinese wages, freight costs, e-commerce, automation
• How to re-think your supply chain by calculating the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and evaluating alternatives (reshoring, nearshoring, in-house production)
• How to gather leadership buy-in and move forward with an action plan for supply chain countermeasures