Today’s retailers are facing a fundamental shift in consumer expectations for speed and convenience. The rapid emergence of Amazon has set a new industry standard for pricing, assortment, and service. Amidst these challenges, retailers must build seamless supply chains capable of being agile and integrated in this new omni-channel world.
For these organizations, advancing supply chain performance and reducing cost are essential to a winning business strategy.
Through solutions like improved inventory planning, vendor collaboration, network optimization, and managed transportation, LeanCor’s retail clients are meeting their business challenges head on. They’re reducing costs, increasing margins, and improving customer service levels for sustainable business growth.
How We Help Retail: Case Studies
Click each to download and read more.
Increasing market pressure required a leading toy retailer to quickly adapt and embrace a wide-scale lean transformation. It partnered with LeanCor to provide lean training and build problem-solving capability for:
- 100+ leaders and lean practitioners
- 1500+ team members
- 200+ front line managers
Do-it Center's Panama location needed to improve its warehouse processes and material flow to maintain the organization’s focus on quality customer service within its hardware stores. The company partnered with LeanCor to achieve:
- Order-to-delivery lead time reduction: 50 to 5 days in less than 6 months
- 100% transition from spot checks to formal audits with key performance indicators
- Increased SKU density through carton flow and pick tower methods
LeanCor's supply chain engineers helped a furniture retailer integrate lean logistics into its supply chain in order to increase order velocity, reduce inventory, and reduce total logistics cost. The project resulted in:
- 53% reduction in on-hand inventory
- $500K total logistics cost savings
A Supply Chain That Adapts to the Changing Landscape
Since business decisions ultimately manifest in the supply chain, we help you see your supply chain as a feedback mechanism - an abundance of critical information needed to improve business performance, increase customer value, and eliminate waste. Solutions include:
• Lean Transformations (Enterprise-Wide and Functional Areas)
• People Development - Training and Education
• Performance/Cost Assessments
• Outbound Transportation Optimization
• Outsourced Transportation Management +™
• Inventory Flow and Right-Sizing
• Network Strategy and Design
• Distribution Center Design, Operations Improvement
Typical Client Results